Shortbread cookies | English biscuits with butter
Download Your Free Recipe
I fell in love with them at the first snack! I prepared them with my little girl, Anisia, and now they have become her favorite biscuits. They have an intense butter taste and I can say they are wonderful. Buttery and delicious!
As simple as the recipe is, these biscuits are so good. I like to make them with vanilla … butter and vanilla make a great combination! You can make them together with the little ones, it will be very fun! If you use cool cutters, the fun will be maximum.
- Soft butter 250 g
- Icing sugar 110 g
- All purpose flour 360 gr
- Bake temperature 160-170 degrees Celsius
- The butter should be at room temperature.
- Use 82% fat butter or more.
- Use flour to work the dough on a table/workstation.
- Use static oven, conventional baking (heat function up-down).
- Use any flavour you like: vanilla, rum, lime etc.
- I did not specify the baking time because it depends on your oven.
- Biscuits are baked when they turn golden on the edges.
- Preheat oven to 160-170 degrees Celsius.
- Whip the soft butter with icing sugar in a bowl of a stand mixer until smooth, light and fluffy.
- Add your favorite flavour.
- Add the flour and mix the composition. We are not interested in mixing much because we do not want to activate gluten, but just to mix the flour with the butter composition slightly.
- Remove the mixture from the bowl and shape it like a ball, covere it with a food wrap and place it in the refrigerator 30-40 minutes.
- After the dough has been in the fridge, sprinkle your table/work station with flour and roll out the dough to a rectangle 0.5 mm thickness. Use a cutter (any shape you like), line a baking tray with parchment paper, place the biscuits and bake until the biscuits begin to turn golden on the edge.
- I did not specify an exact baking time because it differs from oven to oven, after the biscuits begin to turn golden on the edge it is time to remove them from the oven.(16-18 min)
- Allow to cool slightly before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Once cool the cookies can be stored in an air tight container.
Leave a Comment