Microwave Sponge Cake
Microwave Sponge Cake
The microwave sponge is an edible sponge cake, fluffy, airy and easily make. It belongs to molecular gastronomy, but you can prepare it easily at home.
I use it to decorate cakes, fruits cake and sweets from various events where a dessert table can be found. The recipe is versatile, you can use different flavours, fruit juice and other ingredients. Adding food coloring you can make colored sponge fluffy cake.
- Soft butter 100 g
- All purpose flour 100 g
- Eggs 2
- Icing sugar 100 g
- Fruit juice or milk 4 tablespoons
- Baking powder 12 g
- Vanilla extract
- Food coloring
- The butter and eggs should be at room temperature
- Use 82% fat butter
- You can use food coloring gel
- You will need a microwave and paper cups
- It can be made even without using the special whip siphon
- A properly baked sponge is soft, fluffy, airy and pleasant to taste
- An overbaked sponge cake is dry and no soft
- Whip butter with icing sugar in a bowl of a stand mixer.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix very well at a high speed until light and smooth.
- Sift flour and baking powder and add to the eggs mixture and whisk slowly to combine.
- Add the other ingredients (fruis juice/ milk/ vanilla extract ) and food coloring. Gradually add the food coloring, stop at the color you want. If you want to make more colors of sponge cake, just divide the sponge cake composition and color separated.
- In paper cups add 2-3 tablespoons of sponge cake and place in microwave 1 minute, set the microwave power at 600-650 W. You can open the microwave door to make sure everything is ok without any problem. The cake sponge will not be affected. You can olso do the toothpick test to make sure the sponge cake is properly baked.
- A properly baked sponge is fluffy, soft and airy!
- An incorrectly baked or overcooked sponge will be hard and dry and you can throw it away. That’s why if you want to check its condition you can open the microwave door to check it.
- After the sponge cake is baked, remove it from the paper cup as follows: by turning the paper cup upside down, pressing at the same time gently on the side of the paper cup with the palm, so that the cake falls slightly out of the paper cup.
- Break the sponge cake into pieces of different sizes (depending on your needs).
- It can be use like this or you can freeze it (broken into pieces) and use it when needed. You can freeze sponge cake in airtight container.
Leave a Comment